Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement®
“The Feldenkrais Method® is a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change. The method is based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best. Feldenkrais is recognized for the strategies it employs to improve posture, flexibility, coordination, athletic and artistic ability and to help those with restricted movement, chronic pain and tension (including back pain and other common ailments), as well as neurological, developmental and psychological problems.
The Feldenkrais Method explores the biological and cultural aspects of movement, posture and learning, and how our habits can constrain us to a small portion of our potential. Through our personal history, upbringing, culture, injuries, illness, etc., we each adopt patterns of physical and psychological behavior. These patterns are deeply embedded in our nervous system, and often become outmoded or dysfunctional, creating unnecessary physical, and psychological limitations. The Feldenkrais Method uses a process of organic learning, movement, and sensing to free you from habitual patterns and allow for new patterns of thinking, moving and feeling to emerge.”
What do people say about Feldenkrais?
• “Feldenkrais represents a revolution in human health.” (Smithsonian Magazine)
• “The system developed by Dr Feldenkrais … has as much potential for understanding the mind/body relationship as Einstein’s general theory of relativity had for physics.” (Bernard Lake MD)
• “Feldenkrais is not just pushing muscles around, but changing things in the brain itself.” (Karl Pibram MD, Stanford University)
• “The Feldenkrais Method has had remarkable success in a wide range of complaints ranging from the debilitating to the merely nagging.” (Science Digest)
• “The Feldenkrais exercises are so ingenious and so simple.” (Yehudi Menuhin, world-renown violinist and conductor)